The Custom Shop features amplifier models that aren’t available as part of our regular product line. These products are extremely limited, and we will continue to post new amplifiers as we build them.
Featured Fargen Custom Shop Amp:
Custom Hardwood Fargen Mini Plex MK II Guitar Amplifier
Custom Hardwood Fargen Mini Plex MK II Guitar Amplifier – Exclusive One of a Kind Masterpiece
This hand-crafted masterpiece is truly a thing of beauty. This extremely rare 1 x 12”combo cabinet features grade AAAA Flame Maple and Peruvian Walnut,5 coats of semi-gloss Lacquer and Dovetail Joints to finish off the ends. These woods were hand selected from an exclusive and limited supply by master craftsman Jeff Earl of J.Design Cabinets. Jeff built and hand polished the cabinet himself. “The quality and depth of this figured wood may never be found again in this lifetime”
The all hand-wired tube audio circuit is one of a kind as well, built in its entirety by tube audio guru Benjamin Fargen. This amp sings to the gods … featuring a complete custom audio circuit designed around one of a kind components, hand selected hardware, custom Mercury Magnetics transformers and an all tube buffered FX loop. The FX loop features a true bypass switch and independent send and return controls. To top it all off, Ben selected a Heritage Celestion G12M loudspeaker, which puts its superior sound over the top.
Here is more info on the concept and sound design behind the Fargen Mini Plex MKII:
The Fargen Mini Plex MKII features the ultimate English classic rock and high gain crunch tones. It pumps out quality tone on par with a 50 or 100 watt Marshall, and maintains this tone at apartment/bedroom levels. Don’t settle for poor tone as a result of running your THD/DRZ/or Marshall Power Break attenuator, which typically kills you upper harmonic content.
The Mini Plex MKII hand-wired tube amplifier delivers high-energy, cranked tube amp tone at whisper quiet volumes with a mixture of great tube amp design, world-class custom components that you won’t find anywhere else, and the amazing Kevin O’Conner Power Scaling technology. The power scaling circuit uses voltage manipulation (think variac) to control output volume and power tube overdrives without cutting high-end frequencies like an attenuator does, and allows you to run the amp anywhere from 12 watts down to below a 1/2 watt for the ultimate low volume jamming experience.
The Mini Plex MKII captures all of your favorite British high gain and classic rock tones with the help of our patented “Decade Switch” technology. The Fargen “Decade Switch” gives you 3 different classic sounds/gain structures and morphs between 3 completely different classic British preamp circuits … the JTM45, Plexi JMP and JCM 800.
Fargen Mini Plex MK II Amp Features
- London Power / Power Scaling control 12 watts down to less than a 1/2 watt
- Custom Mercury Magnetics transformers w/ 4-8-16 ohm taps
- SoZo vintage style mustard capacitors
- Dual power tube sockets for use with any octal power tube(no re-bias)
- Use EL34/KT66 /KT77/6550/6L6/5881/6V6 ECT
- The ability to mix and match any of the above tubes…(i.e.El34 + KT66)
- DC Filaments for ultra quiet operation
- 1/8″ aluminum chassis for the true vintage British amp sound
- New improved 3 position rotary decade switch that alters the circuit for true 60-70-80 Marshall Style tones. (JTM 45 / Plexi / JCM 800)
- Tube Buffered FX Loop w/ true bypass switch
- Dimensions: 24″W x 21″H x 12″D
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Output Power: 8-12 watts
- Tube Complement: (2) 12AX7, (2) EL34
- Will also run KT66,KT77,6550,6L6,6V6,5881
- Class – Parallel single-ended class A
- Front Panel Layout & Equalization – Decade, Volume, Master, Treble, Bass, Mid, Power Scaling, FX Send, FX return
- $4995.00 Shipped via Fed Ex Overnight delivery