The John Lennon Artist Series Amplifier by Fargen
T The Artist Series amplifier is a magnificent fusion of John Lennon’s music and his art. The series features select Lennon drawings and each is available in a limited, numbered edition of eleven. And each amp is hand-built meticulously by Ben Fargen.
Span Lennon’s 60’s Liverpool and 70’s Plastic Ono Band tones through the use of the two-way Decade Switch and enjoy the warmth and depth of best-in-class, boutique amp engineering. The combination of pure White Tolex with a White Grill cloth provides an innovative and unique canvas for John Lennon’s drawings, which now flourish in this work of sonic and visual art.
Fargen uses a specially designed and manufactured grill cloth on which the drawing is printed. Following the same dimensions and hand-crafted wood working techniques, the Artist Series cabinet was born. Its dovetail-jointed solid Poplar cabinet sides and rear panels with a speaker baffle gives this cabinet an incredible tonal advantage over conventional plywood cabinet designs. The result is a warm, natural tone projection that retains all of the vintage vibe of the amplifier.
Available Now … MSRP $4999Acquire Yours
1964 – You Can’t Do That
1970 – Look at Me
- Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
- Vibrant print of a limited John Lennon drawing
- Premium white tolex
- Acoustically transparent, UV protected grill cloth
- 2xEL84 15 Watt power amp design
- 2x12AX7 preamp and phase inverter tubes
- Vintage 60’s style mustard tone caps
- Vintage carbon comp resistors
- Two-way mode tone shift Decade Switch
- Hi- and Lo- power switch
- Custom hand-built parts tag board
- Belton high grade tube sockets
- Custom built proprietary JL-15, 12-inch Alnico speaker
- Evidence Audio Siren II high-end speaker cable
- Premium Poplar side/rear panels with a 13mm Baltic Birch speaker baffle
- Exclusive bracket isolates and dampens cabinet vibration and tube rattle
- Precision dovetail joinery utilizing a proprietary two-part epoxy
- John Lennon’s signature
- Certificate of Authenticity signed by Ben Fargen