Customers ask me all the time how they can improve the tone out of the gate on their Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue.
Here is a list of a few simple changes you can do yourself to squeeze out some more tone:
- 1. Replace the stock Jensen speaker with a Weber 12F150 if you are in to stock Cali sounds or a Celestion G12H30 / Eminence Red Fang if you want a nice British twist.
- Replace the stock speaker cable…dump that plastic molded tone sucker for a cable built with some quality 18ga stranded wire.
- Replace V2 12AX7 (vibrato channel preamp) with a tung sol or JJ 12AX7 for max tone.
- Replace V4 12AX7 (preamp mix / reverb recovery stage) with a tung sol or JJ 12AX7 for max tone.
- Replace V6 12AT7 (phase inverter) with a tung sol or JJ 12AT7 for max tone….rock a 12AX7 for more gain and early breakup.
Here is a little “You Tube” Video showing what possible from the Fargen Hot Modded Deluxe Reverb reissue: